Title: Patient Care Coordinator (Dual Role)
Reports To: Area Respiratory Therapist Manager & Regional Sales Manager
The Expectation of Work Hours: Full-Time
Essential Sales Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop sales territory action plans and call strategies to identify specific new targets and maintain existing accounts to grow the business
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned
- Conduct daily sales calls to establish new and maintain ongoing business with referral sources in the medical community
- Establish and maintain existing referral sources, as well as, show initiative in developing the new market potential within assigned territory
- Works with all clinical, managerial, and sales staff to promote and market home respiratory therapy services to all referral sources
- Maintain a level of performance which meets or exceeds the sales objective established by the Company.
- Required to provide availability for patient contact and response to patient needs
- Partners with location management and staff as well as other VieMed departments to drive sales growth
- Responsible for account activity, sales documentation, reports, and territory management
- Works with the office staff to ensure prompt and accurate billing and documentation of services, including providing adequate information to satisfy third-party payor guidelines for coverage
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars and trade shows
- Provide presentations and in-services
- Meets and/or exceeds a monthly sales quota
- Other duties/projects as assigned
Respiratory Therapist Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the overall technical and administrative functions at the location on record regarding the Home Respiratory therapist program.
- Responsible for the installation/delivery of respiratory therapist equipment and provision of all needed supplies and products to the patients in the home and ongoing assessment of patients and equipment.
- Is responsible for clinical contact with the physician, referred contacts, health care practitioners, and others involved in the care of the patients referred to Sleep Management for home respiratory therapist services.
- Is responsible for the maintenance of records, charting, progress notes, clinical files, equipment records, preventative maintenance records, and other necessary documentation.
- Is responsible to maintain an accurate inventory of all Sleep Management/VieMed assets and supplies.
- Is responsible for company vehicle maintenance and service (paid for by Sleep Management/VieMed).
- Ensures that company vehicle is maintained per applicable accreditation standards at all times.
- Is responsible to ensure all pertinent demographic information is updated regularly and with any change in personal or professional status.
- Is responsible for the overseeing of all applicable regulatory rules and guidelines as pertains to the staff respiratory therapist.
- Is responsible for the orientation and training of subordinate or newly hired respiratory therapist staff service technicians.
- Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills. Adheres to cost-containment policies and procedures.
- Works with the office staff to ensure prompt and accurate billing and documentation of services, including providing adequate information to satisfy third-party payor guidelines for coverage.
- Works with all clinical, managerial, and sales staff to promote and market home respiratory therapy services to all referral sources.
- Ensures proper, accurate, and safe operation of all equipment prior to installation.
- Is required to provide availability for patient contact and response to patient needs.
- Will work with fellow RTs in the area on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers
- Exhibits effective oral and written communication with location staff, supervisors, patients, and all referral sources
- Must be highly self-motivated, flexible and service-oriented
- Builds relationships with patients, caregivers, and referral sources
- Strong organization, time and territory management skills
- Be flexible, self-driven, accountable for results, autonomous, yet supportive of team efforts
- Technical Capacity
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Financial Management
- Presentation Skills
Sales: This job operates in the field by calling on existing and potential referral sources: i.e. Pulmonologist, Hospitalist, Critical Care Physicians, Hospitals, Case Managers, Social workers, etc.
RT: This job will require the employee to go to patient homes to set up and service devices.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Entertaining in off hours may be required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Advanced training in sales skills
- Medical or respiratory experience
- Credentials as a respiratory therapist, Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT)
- A Respiratory Therapist license in all states you will be working in
- Respiratory Therapist must have extensive experience in a hospital setting, including ICU/CCU ventilator management
- Competitive Base Salary
- Uncapped Commissions
- (RT) Regions leading employer in RT Employee Education and Base Pay
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Car Allowance
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Fuel Card
- Marketing Allowance
- Life Insurance
You will be expected to work during normal business hours, which are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please note this job description is not designed to cover and/or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At VieMed, LLC, we pride ourselves in what has driven our success, teamwork and exceptional patient care. We are actively seeking talented, dedicated, self-motivated, energetic and career-minded individuals to join our organization. We appreciate the value our employees provide and realize our current success and future growth depends on the abilities of the VieMed team. VieMed, LLC is committed to providing a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for employees, making significant investments in our employees so that they may enhance their personal and professional skills.
Company Website: www.viemed.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)