Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learns and maintains knowledge of current patient database and billing system
- Has proper phone etiquette and represents VieMed in a professional manner
- Obtains patient demographic and health insurance information; collects co-pay if appropriate
- Enters patient information into the computer system.
- Verifies & records insurance benefits
- Maintains a working knowledge of Medicare and insurance regulations and requirements as communicated by management
- Able to read through and understand medical documentation effectively
- Interacts professionally with physicians, patients/family and Co-Workers.
- Schedules set ups, as called into VieMed, by physicians or physician’s office staff, per policy and procedure.
- Answers telephone in a polite and professional manner. Communicates information to appropriate personnel.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Manager, and other superiors.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationship with co-workers for the patient’s benefit.
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated. Organization and management of Secretary’s activities reflect due consideration for the needs of the facility and staff.
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment, within the coordinator’s scope of practice.
- Manages and operates computer equipment safely and correctly.
- Completes other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma required
- 1-3 years of administrative experience in an office setting preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to interact knowledgeably with employees and managers.
At VieMed, LLC, we pride ourselves in what has driven our success, teamwork and exceptional patient care. We are actively seeking talented, dedicated, self-motivated, energetic and career-minded individuals to join our organization. We appreciate the value our employees provide and realize our current success and future growth depends on the abilities of the VieMed team. VieMed, LLC is committed to providing a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for employees, making significant investments in our employees so that they may enhance their personal and professional skills.
Company Website: www.viemed.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)