The ideal candidate is a diligent process manager who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of chronic respiratory patients by coordinating all integrated aspects of chronic respiratory care. We are looking for someone who is a “self-starter,” with experience in working in clinical care management and who is skilled in assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and follow-up in a wide range of patient age groups. The individual hired for the Chronic Care Management (CCM) Program Manager position would work with a diversified group of clinicians including medical directors, physicians, nurses, case managers, care coordinators and respiratory therapists to ensure seamless, integrated care and the highest level of patient care. The employee will be expected to create and to manage a plan of treatment, involving caregivers and stakeholders from different organizations, that aligns with the entire pulmonary rehabilitation process, as well as, related disease states. They will be asked to coordinate with any and all healthcare professionals that are working with their patients. In some cases, the CCM Program Manager will be asked to take the lead in the patient’s overall clinical needs and refer to specialists, when appropriate. The right candidate is a diligent and caring patient advocate who bridges the gaps in the continuum of chronic care and advances treatment plans for the well-being and the recovery of patients.
This position is for a hands-on process manager, clinical care coordinator, patient advocate and a positive representative of VieMed. The candidate will be responsible for identifying and initiating one-on-one dialog with chronic respiratory patients, their providers and other stakeholders, and educate them on our chronic respiratory disease management model.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines nature of client’s situation by interviewing patient and assessing clinical information
- Establishes course of action by exploring options and setting goals with patients and clinicians
- Obtains assistance for patient by arranging for appointments and ensuring coordination with other providers
- Monitors and fosters patient’s compliance with treatment plan, interpreting attitudes and patterns of behavior, explaining and suggesting new options
- Maintains records of case by documenting procedures and client’s condition for purposes of billing and outcomes tracking
- Calendars and monitors planned actions by diligent follow-up
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, participating in quality reviews and reporting needed changes
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements and advising management on needed actions
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned
- Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner license required
- Minimum 2-5 years’ direct chronic care management experience required (ACO, PCP or similar setting)
- State-specific driver’s license required
- Handles pressure
- Reporting Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Client and Provider Relationships
Access to Protected Health Information (PHI)
- This position will require the employee to handle Protected Health Information (PHI) for duties related to document and report preparation. Policies and procedures will be strictly adhered to make sure PHI is protected as required by the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
- This position will be in an office environment and field based.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At VieMed, LLC, we pride ourselves in what has driven our success, teamwork and exceptional patient care. We are actively seeking talented, dedicated, self-motivated, energetic and career-minded individuals to join our organization. We appreciate the value our employees provide and realize our current success and future growth depends on the abilities of the VieMed team. VieMed, LLC is committed to providing a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for employees, making significant investments in our employees so that they may enhance their personal and professional skills.
Company Website: www.viemed.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)