Summary of Job Functions
The senior accountant supports the accounting department and helps to ensure timely and accurate financial records for VieMed Healthcare.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include reconciliations of account balances, performance of various operational accounting tasks, and preparation of workpapers to support closing processes.
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to the standards defined within the department.
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain general ledger integrity and compliance with GAAP principles.
- Develops systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Works with the Accounting Manager and other team members to improve financial procedures and leverage efficiencies.
- Provides support for the annual audit and quarterly financial statement reviews.
- Protects organization’s value by maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Executes special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Advanced degree or equivalent preferred (CPA/MBA)
- 5+ years in Public Accounting or other comparable experience
- Ability to directly identify and tackle critical issues by effectively utilizing technical, analytical and problem-solving aptitudes.
- Organized self-starter with an ability to manage multiple activities in a timely manner with general supervisory guidance.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written in order to interact knowledgeably with and impact both internal and external parties
- This position will work in an office environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At VieMed, LLC, we pride ourselves in what has driven our success, teamwork and exceptional patient care. We are actively seeking talented, dedicated, self-motivated, energetic and career-minded individuals to join our organization. We appreciate the value our employees provide and realize our current success and future growth depends on the abilities of the VieMed team. VieMed, LLC is committed to providing a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for employees, making significant investments in our employees so that they may enhance their personal and professional skills.
Company Website: www.viemed.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)