Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the overall clinical, technical and administrative functions at the location on record regarding the Home Respiratory Therapist program.
- Responsible for the installation/delivery of respiratory therapist equipment and provision of all needed supplies and products to the patients in the home and ongoing assessment of patients and equipment.
- Is responsible for clinical contact with the physician, referred contacts, health care practitioners, and others involved in the care of the patients referred to Sleep Management, LLC d/b/a VieMed for home respiratory therapist services.
- Is responsible for the maintenance of records, charting, progress notes, clinical files, equipment records, preventative maintenance records, and other necessary documentation.
- Is responsible to maintain accurate inventory of all Sleep Management/VieMed assets and supplies.
- Is responsible for company vehicle maintenance and service (paid for by Sleep Management, LLC d/b/a VieMed).
- Ensures that company vehicle is maintained per applicable accreditation standards at all times.
- Is responsible to ensure all pertinent demographic information is updated regularly and with any change in personal or professional status.
- Is responsible for the overseeing of all applicable regulatory rules and guidelines as pertains to the staff respiratory therapist.
- Is responsible for orientation and training of subordinate or newly hired respiratory therapist staff service technicians.
- Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills. Adheres to cost-containment policies and procedures.
- Works with the office staff to ensure prompt and accurate billing and documentation of services, including providing adequate information to satisfy third-party payor guidelines for coverage.
- Works with all clinical, managerial, and sales staff to promote and market home respiratory therapist services to all referral sources.
- Ensures proper, accurate, and safe operation of all equipment prior to installation.
- Is required to provide availability for patient contact and response to patient needs.
- Will work with fellow RTs in the area on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Will work with team members (other RTs, PCC’s and various departments) to insure tasks completed.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Technical Capacity.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Financial Management.
- Presentation Skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- EE must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- EE must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This job will require the employee to go into patient homes to set-up and service medical devices.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Medical or respiratory experience.
- A valid Respiratory Therapist license in the State in which you practice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At VieMed, LLC, we pride ourselves in what has driven our success, teamwork and exceptional patient care. We are actively seeking talented, dedicated, self-motivated, energetic and career-minded individuals to join our organization. We appreciate the value our employees provide and realize our current success and future growth depends on the abilities of the VieMed team. VieMed, LLC is committed to providing a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for employees, making significant investments in our employees so that they may enhance their personal and professional skills.
Company Website: www.viemed.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)