Summary of position:
Trainer position responsible for coordinating and training all Collections/Payment Posting department. The individual is responsible for designing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective Collections/Payment Posting training.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serves primary trainer expert for Collections and Payment Posting within Bonafide and company policies on all processes.
- Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of Collections/Payment Posting operations.
- Trains Collections/Payment Posting office personnel, which includes product/system education, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance.
- Training for new and existing Collections/Payment Posting staff as well as remote staff on applicable operating policies, protocols, systems and procedures, standards, and techniques.
- Ensures that the activities of the Collections/Payment Posting operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all health information management issues such as HIPAA and all health regulations.
- Reports all concerns or issues directly to Collection Supervisor and Collection Manager.
- Minimum of two (2) years Medical Insurance/Healthcare Billing and Collections experience in a medical practice or health system, with a deep understanding of medical collections and insurance verification rules and regulations.
- Thorough understanding of medical billing, collections and payment posting, revenue cycle, third party payers, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD9 codes, HCFA 1500, UB04 claim forms, HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits and appeal processes.
- Sufficient knowledge of policies and procedures to accurately answer questions from internal and external customers.
- Up to date with health information technologies and applications.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations, and the public.
- Skill in developing, implementing, and administering work processes.
- Detail oriented and tolerant of frequent interruptions and distractions from patients and staff.
- Effectively communicate with physicians, patients, insurers, colleagues and staff.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and demonstrate strong initiative.
- Ability to train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments to meet practice timelines.
- Ability to deal in an organized manner with problems involving multiple variables within the scope of the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, over the telephone, and in person.
- Position is in well-lighted office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At VieMed, LLC, we pride ourselves in what has driven our success, teamwork and exceptional patient care. We are actively seeking talented, dedicated, self-motivated, energetic and career-minded individuals to join our organization. We appreciate the value our employees provide and realize our current success and future growth depends on the abilities of the VieMed team. VieMed, LLC is committed to providing a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for employees, making significant investments in our employees so that they may enhance their personal and professional skills.
Company Website: www.viemed.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)