Summary of position:
Supervisor position responsible for directing, leading, and coordinating the overall functions for 20 plus person medical Authorization, Intake and Post-Acute departments. The individual is responsible for designing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective Authorization, Intake and Post-Acute processes. Requires strong leadership, and business office skills, including critical thinking.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as the practice expert for all Authorization, Intake and Post-Acute processes.
- Oversees the operations of the Authorization, Intake and Post-Acute departments, including charge entry, referral intake and insurance verification.
- Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of Authorization, Intake and Post-Acute operations.
- Supervises billing office personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Provides, oversees, and/or coordinates the provision of training for new and existing Authorization, Intake and Post-Acute staff on applicable operating policies, protocols, systems and procedures, standards, and techniques.
- Coordinates team member requests for time away from work in a manner that does not negatively impact necessary daily functions.
- Ensures that the activities of the Authorization, Intake and Post-Acute operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all health information management issues such as HIPAA and all health regulations.
- Holds bi-weekly staff meetings for Authorization, Intake and Post-Acute to ensure proper Team building and protocol.
- Reports all concerns or issues directly to Billing Manager/Director of Revenue.
- Minimum of two (2) years Medical Insurance/Healthcare experience in a medical practice or health system, with a deep understanding of medical insurance verification and authorization rules and regulations.
- Thorough understanding of medical insurance, third party payers, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD9 codes, HCFA 1500, UB04 claim forms, HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures to accurately answer questions from internal and external customers.
- Up to date with health information technologies and applications.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations, and the public.
- Skill in developing, implementing, and administering work processes.
- Detail oriented and tolerant of frequent interruptions and distractions from patients and staff.
- Effectively communicate with physicians, patients, insurers, colleagues and staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and demonstrate strong initiative.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments to meet practice timelines.
- Ability to deal in an organized manner with problems involving multiple variables within the scope of the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, over the telephone, and in person.
- Position is in well-lighted office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At VieMed, LLC, we pride ourselves in what has driven our success, teamwork and exceptional patient care. We are actively seeking talented, dedicated, self-motivated, energetic and career-minded individuals to join our organization. We appreciate the value our employees provide and realize our current success and future growth depends on the abilities of the VieMed team. VieMed, LLC is committed to providing a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for employees, making significant investments in our employees so that they may enhance their personal and professional skills.
Company Website: www.viemed.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)